Marketing for Dummies chapter 1: Optimizing your Marketing Program

So, I've been reading, and rereading, and taking notes, and reading some more from this realy great book "marketing for dummies" (I borrowed my copy from my local library)  Now I'm not dummy, but the reasons why I've been reading - the first chapter even! - over and over, is because it is just that good.  I've litterally been using it like a text book for colledge, using the questions like assignments and going the extra mile on them. Chapter 1 is all about "optimizing your Marketing Program".  Well I didn't really have a marketing program, or a marketing strategy, or know anything about marketing and sales other than you have to do some sort of marketing to make sales.  what an eye opener this one chapter has been!  Now that I've been made aware of this, I've been developing a plan that will be more successful for me.  A few key points made are focusing your time, and your money on marketing techniques that have a major or secondary but helpful impact on your product or brand, and limiting or even eliminating those costs or activities that don't or have little impact.  For me it means to get ALL my links to my shop, my fan page, my twitter, and here in order.  It means using the social web frequently, and in the right places.  It means updating often, and for every product picture posted socially placing a link to buy in the caption. It also means optimizing everything for search engines as much as humanly possible. Break Out The Thesarus!  Descriptive words and lots of them, and never leave a caption blank on my photos for Facebook! -- guess I've got some work to do!

Comments

  1. Nice post. Helpful as I need to get on the ball myself and market market market!! Thanks and good luck with your marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words. encouraging, since I've been finding it difficult to write a blog post per week.... something I learned is almost a must if blogging for business.... frequently updated and uniqe content thing I think... google... sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuffed Animal Collection: Becky Responsible for all (toys) Refugees

Scripture Calligraphy quote 2 Chronicles 20:20